It was a moment of sadness as Members of the Plateau State Caucus at the National Assembly joined Governor Simon Lalong to inspect destroyed and looted properties in Jos and Bukuru following the activities of hoodlums in the past few days.
The Governor and legislators who visited the JIB complex, Residential premises of Former Speaker Yakubu Dogara, SEMA, NEMA, PRUWASSA, and Plateau Road Maintenance Agency which were all looted described the scenes as horrifying and disappointing.
They said such action has taken Plateau State back and increased the burden of infrastructure deficit which will make development difficult.
They asked host communities to stand up and defend public and private properties in their domains so as to encourage development and progress.
Below is the list of looted/destroyed/torched properties:
1. NEMA Store Anguldi Bukuru (Public Facility)
2. SEMA Store Anguldi Bukuru (Public Facility)
3. FERMA Office Anguldi Bukuru (Public Facility)
4. PRUWASSA Office Anguldi Bukuru (Public Facility)
5. ASTC Office K/Vom (Public Facility)
6. Govt. Technical College Bukuru (Public Facility)
7. Joseph Gomwalk Secretariat Jos (Public Facility)
8. PADP Dogon Dutse Jos North (Public Facility)
9. Plateau Publishing Corporation (Nigeria Standard) (Public Facility)
10. Jos Foods Abattoir (Private business)
11. Rt Hon Yakubu Dogara’s residence (Private Residence)
12. Comrade Bancir’s (Private Residence)
13. Plateau State Water Board (Public Facility)
14. Jos International Breweries (Public Facility)
15. NASCO (Private business)
16. Red Cross, North Central Zonal Store
17 NITEL Bukuru (Public Facility)
18. Riyom Local Government Secretariat (Public Facility)
19. Home Economics Training Centre Riyom (Public Facility)
20. Ministry of Agriculture Store House Bukuru (Public Facility)
21. Fertilizer Store Riyom (Public Facility)
22. National Seed Council Office Bukuru (4, 265 bags of wheat seeds due to be launched by the Vice President) (Public Facility)
Donate to News Live
Your donation will be much appreciated. It will help our journalistic efforts.