By Ridwan AREMU
The Federal Government on Thursday appointed a former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Prof Attahiru Jega and former Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba as Chairmen of the Governing Councils of the University of Jos and Bayero University, Kano respectively.
Their appointments followed the re-constitution of the Governing Councils of 19 Federal universities and four inter-university centres by the Federal Government.
Here is a list of newly appointed Governing Council Chairs of Universities:
1. Dr Sonny Kuku, University of Benin,
2. Malam Adamu Fika, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria,
3. Malam Abidu Yazid, University of Ilorin,
4. Sen Udoma Udo Udoma, Bayero University, Kano,
5. Prof Ahmed Mohammed Modibbo, University of Abuja,
6. Chief Ikechi Emenike, University of Nigeria, Nsukka,
7. Ballama Manu, University of Maiduguri
. Prof Anthony Gozie Anwuka, Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Efurun, Delta state
9. Prof Attahiru Jega, University of Jos
10. Sen Jack Tilley Gyado, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
11. Barr Njideka Bernedette Nwachukwu, University of Uyo
12. Gen Martin Luther Agwai rtd, University of Calabar
13. Alhj Bashir Dalhatu, Modibo Adamawa University
14. Ibrahim Ida, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
15. Peter Okebukola, National Open University of Nigeria
16. Prof Sulyman Alege Kuranga, Nnamdi Azikiwe Univeristy, Awka
17. Bukar Goni Aji, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
18. Amb Dr. Godknows Igali, Federal University of Technology, Akure
Donate to News Live
Your donation will be much appreciated. It will help our journalistic efforts.